The Introduction to HVAC course introduces students to basic information essential to working in the HVAC profession. Students will learn about the components of both residential and commercial refrigeration and heating systems, as well as the fundamentals of design, maintenance, and repair of these systems. The course can be completed online. It is most appropriate for those who have not previously worked in the HVAC field and are looking to learn the basics skills to become an HVAC Technician.
Our course objectives include:
- Identify workplace hazards
- Identify appropriate HVAC/R tools and equipment
- Describe HVAC/R electrical systems and components
- Identify types of residential and light commercial air-conditioning and heating systems
- Explain the importance of system design, sizing, and layout
- Explain installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques